Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Today I took the little man with me for a visit to Planet Organic in search of Vegenaise.  We found some Vegenaise, some Annie's Bunny Grahams and grabbed a bunch of kale.

I'm pretty sure that Kale chips are one of my current favorite things.  So crispy, salty and oh so good for you!




My recipe for Kale Chips is pretty simple:

Preheat your oven to 375*F

Pull off of the stalks - I find the easiest way to do this is to face the leaves up (or down, really doesn't matter), and run your fingers up the sides of the stalk.  The leaves will come off when you do this and when it gets far enough it'll break where it's tender enough to eat. Voila!

Wash the leaves and spin in a salad spinner.

Spread the leaves out fairly evenly on a baking sheet.

Drizzle with 1 Tbsp Olive Oil (use more if you're using more than one bunch of kale)

Sprinkle with Salt.  I use about 3/4 tsp.  It's such a personal preference.

Bake for 5 minutes, rotate pan.  Bake for 7 more minutes.

Here are my fresh chips right out of the oven

Every time I make these I really can't believe how honest to goodness good for you they are!  

No comments:

Post a Comment